< Back to screenshot
This procedure enters an array formula to resample from a data vector (with or without replacement). The formula produced is one of the following:
(1) SHUFFLE randomly shuffles a vector or matrix. This is equivalent to sampling without replacement.
(2) SHUFFLEROWS and SHUFFLECOLS shuffle just the rows and columns respectively.
(3) RESAMPLE samples from a vector or matrix. with replacement.
(4) RESAMPLEROWS and RESAMPLECOLS resample whole rows and columns respectively.
(5) SHUFFLEDISTANCE is for shuffling distance matrices.
Together with the sorting function (QSORT) these formulas allow PopTools to be used to calculate resampling statistics. See the PopTools demo sheet to see how these formulas are used.